Parrot Cay is a private island with a history dating back to the early eighteenth century. The original name is reported to be Pirate Cay.
Legend tells it that pirate Ann Bonny took refuge here in the 1720’s when Jamaican authorities dealt with her Captain, “Calico Jack Rackham”. Signs of the island’s history can still be found at the “Stubbs House”, constructed in the late 1700’s.
The island is rich with hidden coves and pristine white sandy beaches and reefs. It is the largest of the small islands between Provo and North Caicos measuring 1,000 acres.
The south side is primarily marine wetlands made up of the red mangroves found throughout the Turks and Caicos Islands.
Home to a number of celebrities, the only hotel on the island is Como Parrot Cay. This low density, five star spa and resort compliment the island perfectly.
With no cars, pollution or streetlights, coupled with very little development, this tiny island offers the hotel guests and island residents true Caribbean beach living.